sad news. my Chiquita banana costume was looking like a home sewn disaster so i abandoned the project and just ended up going 80s. maybe i will have better luck next year, but I am not too prideful to abandon ship when i know that it is sinking, and in this case it was my costume. i went to a church dance in the stake center next to the DC temple, it wasn’t awesome. but at one point i got to have an improv dance with this really awesome dancer and it was my highlight of the night.
so here are the top ten things that i have learned this week.
10. when my mom and sister elizabeth are at market i wish that i was there with them. i already knew that…but i am still in school and i couldn’t miss to have been with them and i wished that i would have been able to.
9. in my heart butterfinger candy bars are their own food group, i think that they might be my favorite candy bar.
8. don’t wait til the last minute to sew an elaborate costume project, because it probs won’t turn out anything like you were anticipating.
7. doctor’s on the floor where i have clinical are MIA the majority of the time, and when they might come to the patient’s room is a mystery. and not a fun mystery like a mystery flavored dum dum or airhead.
6. i forgot how much 12 hour shifts wrecked my everything, even ones during the day…but they do.
5. even if the mac weather icon says it isn’t raining, it still could be raining anyway…so you probably want to have an umbrella.
4. research in nursing is not something i want to do in the future. nuf said. if nothing else that is what i will take from this class.
3. don’t tell people from south america/central america that you are American, because they will say that they are American too, referring to their continent and not the country. it’s confusing, just say something else to identify the country you are from otherwise it will become a nasty argument and clash of home pride. avoid it at all costs.
2. don’t forget to take your medicine for one day because it will mess you up.
1. if you don’t have control of your heat in your apartment, and it is regulated by your land lords…then heater blankets are everything to you staying warm. i never knew how much i needed one until i couldn’t turn my own heat on. it is so cold in my apartment always, just like the winter at my house in texas because our house is totz drafty. is it my struggle in life to always be cold?!?!?!
anyway you guys. i had so much fun painting faces at the church halloween party. they mostly turned out great. pics to follow. i am so tired, just like the beatles song. NO different.